So, I’ve only once before in my life actually made an effort to change my diet. It was probably ten years ago or so. When I first topped 200 lbs I decided to get serious and “do something about it.” Mostly what I did was stop drinking regular coke and start drinking diet coke and got rid of french fries from my diet. That’s really about all I did. Over the course of about three months, I lost about 20 lbs.
But I didn’t keep it off, eventually I started eating fries again and started drinking root beer when the taste of diet soda started to resemble battery acid to me.
So even a “diet” that was mostly replacing coke with diet coke and swearing off french fries was too much to keep up for more than a year or so.
Geez, that’s downright silly compared to what I’m trying to do now.
Here’s my diet for the last two days:
– breakfast: one egg omelette, wheat toast, juice
– lunch: raw broccoli spears, two radishes, a carrot
– dinner: Ham sandwich with spinach “lettuce” and water
– breakfast: One fried egg, small piece of ham, wheat toast, juice
– lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat toast w/spinach and water
– dinner: Two fried eggs, bigger piece of ham, wheat toast, water
Other than that I’ve eaten one piece of chocolate candy, about a dozen potato chips (major dietary breach there) and one dark chocolate hershey kiss.
Other than the candy and chips, that’s more or less what I’ve been eating for the last week. (Well, I did pig out one day and eat about 2/3 of a “panda bowl” with noodles and mandarin chicken for lunch while out Christmas shopping…, but I only had some veggie munchies for dinner!)
I’ve lost about a pound.